Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding cake *UPDATE*

Don't have time to say much about it right now, but here it is, along with some making of pictures.

*UPDATE* Okay, now that I have some time I'll clarify. It was a three-tier cake (12", 10", 8"). Each tier had three layers of butter cake with raspberry preserves and lemon curd. The frosting was a Swiss meringue buttercream with a hint of lemon. Angele did all of the assembling and the decorating (and didn't it turn out amazing?). I did all the baking and made the frosting and fillings. So you can't really see what I did from the pictures, you had to taste it. We always say that I make things taste great and Angele makes them look great so people will want to taste them.



7 comments:

Wammack Family said...

That is a beautiful cake!

Christina said...

That is a way beautiful cake! I love it! I should probably have you guys do my wedding cake when I get married some day! ;)

Alaska Massey said...

Finally! It looks great! Your frosting job was incredible. I always opt for fondant because I can't make frosting pretty. Very impressive.

Jamma said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful cake. I love the lemons at the top. Good job!

Rachel Wattson said...

It tasted delicious too:)

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Lemon cake, how divine! Go team Coburn!

Atwood Ohana said...

Wow...what a beautiful cake! Way to go! I am so impressed! And i had no idea you had a baby girl!!! She is so cute! Your little man is gettin so big too! I remember when he was born and i got to hold him while you conducted Primary. How lucky was I!!!! hahaa. love ya!