Monday, December 7, 2009

Beginnings of a Testimony


Bryson absolutely loves Nursery. It probably has something to do with his teachers also being his grandparents. Who else gets to call their teachers Grandpa and Grandma. I am so grateful to them for helping him learn to love the gospel. I am continually impressed with the concepts and scripture stories that he is already familiar with by the time we teach them. Today after church, Bryson and I started talking about testimonies and how a testimony is something that you have faith or know is true. The conversation went something like this:

Angele: "Bryson, do you have a testimony?"
Bryson: "Yeah, I do."
A: "What do you have a testimony about? What do you know is true?"
B: "I know that Jesus loves me. I know that Jesus is proud of me." (I'm pretty impressed right now)
A: "Yeah? What else?"
B:" I know that Santa will come and our tree is pretty..."

He then proceeds to list random things that he sees around the room. How quickly 3-year-olds get distracted. Oh well, he started off good! Thanks again Grandpa Brother Ball and Grandma Sister Ball.


2 comments:

Tane and Angela said...

how sweet! only takes a 3 year old a second to get distracted especially when it comes to santa! =) so cute!

Dennis Family said...

Wow!! I am way impressed. Moroni wouldn't even know what I was talking about - he does however run around the house pretending he is holding the "Title of Liberty" :) I wonder if he even hears any of the scriptures that don't involve his name.