Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baking Bonanza!

So, my (Chris) latest baking craze is bread. Bread is so easy to make with our Kitchenaid and I've been experimenting with it. First I made basic white bread loaves, then a cinnamon raisin bread/honey wheat batch. I really wanted to try something different so I made soft pretzels using a recipe from Alton Brown.

First, you make the dough and let it rise, then you separate the dough, roll it out like a snake and shape them. After that you put each one in boiling water with baking soda for 30 seconds. An egg wash and kosher salt (or cinnamon and sugar) finish it off before they go in the oven. As you can see, they turned out beautifully and tasted delicious dipped in cheese. Mmmmm ... I love that I can make pretzels. My churros a few months ago turned out awesome too. I'm ready to start my own circus. Time to train the kids.




6 comments:

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

YUM! I think we may try this one. Looks so good!

Wammack Family said...

Wow, those look great! You need to post the recipe so that we can try it as well!

Coburn Kids said...

I put a link to the recipe up. Just click on Alton Brown's name.

Britt said...

OOOh Yum! We're going to have to try those!

Brianna said...

Wow! you have been very busy. I would love some nacho cheese with those. I will be home tomorrow anytime is good for me. Thanks

CC said...

Okay, so I will be honest, after seeing those, I clicked on Alton Brown's name (who BTW we LOVE his recipes!) and we printed out the recipe to do for family night with us, my mom, little sister and her family. We actually did a double batch, because there were so many of us, and we did half salt pretzels and half cinnamon and sugar (or what we called "dessert" pretzels) and YUM, YUM, YUM! They were delicious! Thanks for sharing!