Monday, June 9, 2008

We Have Our Own Place!!!


I (Angele) recently started managing Orchard Villa Townhomes. Substitute teaching has been really fun and I have learned a lot from all the teachers that I worked with; however, because of the unsteadiness in income and for the chance to finally get our own place, we decided to take this opportunity. We love it! I have actually been able to use a lot of the skills I learned as a teacher while managing: helping people get along, kindly telling tenants to do or not to do things, keeping things picked up and clean, patiently listening to complaints and exuses, and making sure everything runs smoothly. Some days are really hectic, but I'm getting the hang of it. The best part is that I can stay at home with Bryson! It is fun to be able to do things with him in the morning. The hard part is trying to get things done in the afternoon when he decides not to take a good nap. All in all, I think this is going to work out.

3 comments:

EJNielsen said...

Wow so you're back!? We miss you guys and are glad you're doing well. How many townhouses are you in charge of? When are you coming back to Hawaii? :) Love ya!

Wammack Family said...

Yay! Congrats to you!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

congrats! what a dream-i need to find a gig like that!